Urine Test for Ketone (Acetoacetic Acid)The strips provide a fast, convenient way of testing urine for the presence and concentration of acetoacetic acid (ketone). This substance when found in the urine provides information on carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
Acetoacetic acid can be found in the urine from diabetics and is more commonly referred to as a “ketone body.” Use of Ketostix Strips can alert you to your level
and your doctor or diabetes educator to changes in your condition for which adjustments in your diet and/or medication may be needed. Carefully follow the testing schedule your doctor or educator establishes.
- Ketostix Strips are for in vitro diagnostic use.
- Dip-and-read test for ketone in urine.
- Keep your fingers or other objects from touching the reagent area before testing.
- Store at room temperatures between 15°-30° C. Do not store the bottle in direct sunlight.
- Replace cap immediately and tightly.
- Do not remove desiccant from bottle.
- Read enclosed directions carefully.
- Use within 6 months of opening.