Protein Serves: 0.75
- Electric Mixer
- Bullet or Blender
- Large Trifle Bowl
Keto Sponge Cake
- 1 ½ cup Ricotta
- ½ cup Erythritol
- 2 Eggs whole
- 2 Egg whites use left overs from custard
- 150 g Butter melted
- 270 g Almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 2 cups Thickened cream
- 6 Egg yolks
- 2 tbsp Erythritol
- 2 tsp Vanilla paste
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Grass-fed gelatin
- 200 g Strawberries
- ⅓ cup Water warm
- 1-2 punnet Strawberries sliced
- 1 punnet Raspberries
- ½ punnet Blueberries
- 2 ½ cups Thickened cream
Keto Sponge Cake
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (340ºF). Using an electric mixer, beat the ricotta and erythritol together.
- Add whole eggs, mixing in 1 at a time.
- Add melted butter, almond flour, baking soda and salt and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold lightly through ricotta mix.
- Pour mixture into your desired baking tray size, lined with baking paper, we used 22cm x 22cm baking tin (9" x 9").
- Bake for 35-40mins.
- Add cream, sweetener, vanilla and salt to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally until just boiling, then take off the heat.
- Meanwhile whisk together the egg yolks until well combined.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture over the egg yolks, whisking continuously.
- Return the mixture to a clean saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and strain to remove the vanilla pod and any lumps.
Strawberry Jelly (prepare 10 mins before you layer the Trifle)
- Wash, chop and blend up strawberries in a bullet or small blender.
- Whisk together water and gelatin, then add to blender.
- Blend for 1-2 mins and then strain over glass bowl to remove large pips and lumps, let sit for 5 mins while you start assembling the trifle.
- Once cake has cooled, chop into smaller rectangular pieces and layer along the bottom of the trifle bowl.
- Pour over jelly once it has started to set already (you may need to refrigerate for 5 minutes).
- Once sponge is completely covered, pour cooled and thickened custard layer over the top and spread until covered completely.
- Cover custard in sliced raspberries and strawberries (1-2 layers of berries).
- Place the trifle in the fridge to start setting, while you whip the cream for the last layer.
- Once cream is whipped, spread a thick layer on top of the berries. Decorate the top of your trifle as you like. We suggest adding blueberries (along with the strawberries and raspberries) for a splash of colour.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.5g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 153mg | Sodium: 119mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 132mg | Protein Serves: 0.75