Protein Serves: 1
- 120 g White Fish Fillet Boneless
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 100 g Fennel Bulbs Sliced about 1/2 cm thick (remove outer leaves)
- 80 g Green Capsicum Chopped
- 80 g Eggplant Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves Peeled and left whole
- 120 g Chopped Tomatoes
- 40 g Olives, black
- 1-2 tsp Fresh Oregano Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fennel Fronds and Fresh Basil to Garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Heat some oil in a casserole dish over medium heat. Add sliced fennel, eggplant and capsicum and saute until it starts to brown and soften. This should take 5-7 minutes. DO NOT over crowd the pan as they will stew in their own juices rather than be nicely sauteed.
- Add extra oil to the pan if necessary and then add garlic, saute 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, olives, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer covered until the garlic is softened. Then add all the cooked vegetables and vinegar and heat through.
- The fish can be cooked in the pan on low heat if you like, otherwise cook in the oven.
- Season fish fillets with salt and pepper and lay them on top of the vegetables. Drizzle them with some olive oil and sprinkle over some fennel fronds and fresh basil.
- Cover the casserole dish and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein Serves: 1