Protein Serves: 0.1
- Stand or handheld mixer
- Square 20x20cm baking pan
- Line an 20x20cm (8×8") pan with baking paper and lightly grease using butter or spray oil.
- Using the bowl from the stand mixer (or separate bowl if using handheld mixer), pour ½ cup of water into the bowl and add the gelatin. Stir gelatin with a fork until it reaches the consistency of applesauce with no large lumps. Let stand while preparing the syrup.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine and bring to boil the remaining water, both sweeteners, vanilla extract, cream of tartar and salt. Make sure to stir continuously to completely dissolve the sweeteners.
- Heat mixture until it reaches 113-115°C (238°F) on the thermometer, then remove from heat.
- Turn the stand mixer on low speed, and slowly pour the hot mixture down the side of the bowl into the gelatin. Turn the mixer up to medium-high and beat for 10-15mins. At first, the liquid will be clear and frothy. After 3 minutes, the liquid will start looking opaque white and creamy, and the bowl will be very warm to the touch. After 5 minutes, the marshmallow will start to increase in volume. Keep beating for at least 10 minutes, or until it resembles soft-serve vanilla ice cream.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the square pan straight away and flatten the top. Leave to set for 4 to 5 hours until the marshmallow is no longer tacky.
- Flip pan onto a wooden board and cut into medium sized marshmallows. Dust with powered erythritol for decoration and enjoy!
Tip: Sit marshmallows uncovered at room temperature for a day to dry. Then stored in a container in the pantry. * 1 serve = 2 small-medium sized marshmallows
Calories: 15kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.1g | Protein: 1.5g | Protein Serves: 0.1