Protein Serves: 2
- 9 x 3 Baking Dish
- 1 small Onion
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian herb mix
- 400 g Can of diced tomatoes
- 500 g Pork mince
- 100 g Parmesan cheese grated
- 300 g Mozzarella cheese grated
- 4 small Zucchini (or 3 Medium)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 handful Basil fresh to serve
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium heat, fry onion and garlic until translucent, then break up pork mince into pan and fry until no longer pink. Season to taste with italian mixed herbs and salt and pepper
- Add in the canned diced tomatoes and turn down the heat to a low simmer until some of the liquid is absorbed (the less runny the better).
- Preheat your oven to 200°c (400°f) and coat a 9×13 baking dish with oil.
- While the pork and sauce are simmering, de-stem and cut your zucchinis in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to carve out the insides *See tip in notes for what to do with these.
- Mix in 2 cups of grated mozzarella and 1/2 cup of your parmesan to the pork and sauce mixture; stir until melted.
- Spoon the mixture onto your zucchini boats, and then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan over top.
- Bake uncovered in the center rack of the oven for 25 minutes, and then switch your oven to grill on a higher shelf for a few minutes to brown the cheese on top.
- Serve Immediately with fresh basil and a side salad if you wish.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.5g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 25.95g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 900mg | Potassium: 640mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Protein Serves: 2