Protein Serves: 1.5
- 2x oven safe bowls
- 4 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Flaxseed oil
- ½ small Red onion finely diced
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 400 ml Tomato passata sauce
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp All purpose seasoning
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 4 Eggs free range
- 60 g Field mushrooms sliced
- 80 g Brussel sprouts sliced
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes optional
- 10 g Parmesan cheese
- Basil fresh, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (425ºF).
- Heat 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and flaxseed oil in a pan over medium to high heat.
- Add red onion, crushed garlic, tomato passata sauce, paprika, all purpose seasoning, salt and pepper, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Cover pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour this cooked sauce mixture from the pan into two oven proof bowls. Crack two eggs into each of the sauce bowls, then place in the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, add 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil to a clean pan. Add sliced field mushrooms and brussel sprouts, chilli flakes and a dash of apple cider vinegar.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until sautéed. Add salt and pepper to season. Set aside.
- Take the bowls out of the oven. Add the sautéed brussel sprouts and mushrooms on top of the saucy eggs.
- Top with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, a squeeze of lemon and fresh basil leaves. Serve hot.
Chilli flakes are optional as desired; leave out for mild or add more for an extra kick. This recipe is also great for swapping out and trying different veggies; red capsicum, zucchini, spinach or asparagus for example.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 20.86g | Fat: 25.5g | Saturated Fat: 5.29g | Sodium: 740mg | Sugar: 11.4g | Protein Serves: 1.5