Protein Serves: 2.5
- 1.5 kg Lamb Leg (bone in)
- 2 tbsp Butter Ghee or tallow
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint Chopped
- 6 cup Green Beans Trimmed (600g)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Black Pepper Ground
- Turn on and pre-warm your slow cooker. Pat dry your lamb with a paper towel then season with salt and pepper. Grease a large pot with butter or oil.
- Place the lamb in the pot greased with butter or oil and fry until golden brown.
- Using tongs, turn the lamb the other side. Make sure you brown from all sides. When brown, take off the heat and set aside.
- Chop the mint and peel and slice the garlic. Place your lamb in the slow cooker and sprinkle garlic and mint over the lamb. If the lamb becomes dry, add 1/2 - 1 cup of water into your slow cooker with the lamb.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for 7 hours in a slow cooker.
- After 5 hours of cooking, transfer the lamb to a plate. Place the green beans into the slow cooker and re-add the lamb. Cook lamb and beans for another 1-2 hours until the green beans are crisp-tender and the meat is soft and juicy.
Calories: 552kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.6g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 38.3g | Saturated Fat: 19.2g | Sodium: 731mg | Fiber: 4.4g | Sugar: 4.9g | Protein Serves: 2.5