- 480 g Fish Fillets, Boned and Skinned
- 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 2 Fresh Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 160 g Green Onions, Chopped Coarsley
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- Peanut Oil, for Deep Frying
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 120 g Beans
- 2 Fresh Small Red Thai Chillies, Chopped Finely
- 1 cup Loosely Packed Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 cup Loosely Packed Fresh Mint Leaves
- 100 g Bean Sprouts
- Cut fish into small pieces, blend or process fish with curry paste, lime leaves, onion, fish sauce and 1 tbs juice until mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Combine fish mixture in medium bowl with coriander, beans and chilli. Roll heaped tablespoons of the fish mixture into balls, then flatten into cake shapes.
- Heat oil in work or large saucepan; deep-fry cakes in batches, until browned lightly and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.Alternative cooking method: Bake on baking paper in oven 200c, turning once for 20 minutes.
- Place basil, mint, sprouts and remaining juice in medium bowl; toss gently to combine. Serve salad on fish cakes.
Serving: 2g | Carbohydrates: 5.25g