- 600 g Carrot cubed
- 80 g Onion chopped
- 500 ml Water
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 100 g Cream
- 8 Slices Panchetta diced (4 slices bacon can be substituted)
- Garnish Fresh Mint
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional spice - 1/2 tsp ground allspice and pinch of nutmeg when boiling
- Combine carrot, onion and stock cube in saucepan with water, cover with lid and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile cook diced panchetta or bacon in non stick pan until crunchy, set aside.
- Cook soup until carrot is tender, turn off heat and blend soup until smooth.
- Add cream to soup until combined.
- Place soup in serving bowls and sprinkle with panchetta or bacon and mint to serve.
Serving: 0.5g | Carbohydrates: 7.5g