Protein Serves: 2
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 160 g Onion sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced
- 480 g Gravy or Chuck Beef, cut into cubes
- 200 g Chopped Carrots
- 100 g Green Peas
- 1 tsp Himalayan Rock Salt (white or black)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Paprika powder
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 45 ml Empower Foods Low Carb Tomato Sauce
- 2 Ultra Lite beef sachet
- 750 ml Water
- 15 g Sour Cream - optional (add 1 carb per person if added)
- Heat pot over medium heat with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook until onions are soft and golden brown, remove onions from pot and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the pot, add the meat and brown lightly, add the onions, salt, paprika, caraway seeds, cayenne pepper and tomato sauce, cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, before adding the water and beef sachets.
- Add carrots and peas, simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Pour into bowls and serve with the optional dollop of sour cream.
Carbohydrates: 6.75g | Protein Serves: 2