Protein Serves: 2
- 480 g Gravy or Chuck Beef cut into cubes
- 200 g Carrot chopped
- 100 g Green peas
- 160 g Onion sliced
- 2 Garlic finely diced
- 15 g Sour cream optional (add 1 carb per person if added)
- 50 ml Passata
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Himalayan Rock Salt (white or black)
- 2 Ultra Lite beef sachet
- 750 ml Water
- Heat pot over medium heat with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook until onions are soft and golden brown, remove onions from pot and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the pot, add the meat and brown lightly, add the onions, salt, paprika, caraway seeds, cayenne pepper and tomato sauce, cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, before adding the water and beef sachets.
- Add carrots and peas, simmer gently for about 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is very tender.You can also cook in a slow cooker for 8 hours or in a pressure cooker for 30min (natural release)
- Pour into bowls and serve with the optional dollop of sour cream.
Carbohydrates: 6.75g | Protein Serves: 2