Servings: 12 muffins
Protein Serves: 0.5
- 12 paper cupcake liners or baking paper
- 12 cup muffin tray
- ¼ cup Coconut flour (30g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 5 Eggs
- 60 ml Thickened Cream
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese (145g) Tasty or Swiss can also be used
- 1 cup Bacon (140g) raw and chopped
- ½ tsp Sea salt to taste
- Spring onion to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F). Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners (you can use squares of baking paper folded as well).
- Combine the coconut flour and the baking powder in a small bowl. Then mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Once combined, add the coconut flour mixture to the large bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix with a fork until the batter is smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners (or baking paper), filling them three-quarters full. Bake for around 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out almost dry. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and serve warm.
- Freeze the leftovers.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8.78g | Saturated Fat: 4.79g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.7g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 530mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.85g | Calcium: 97mg | Protein Serves: 0.5